The Human Rights At Sea (“HRAS”) Missing Seafarer and Fisher Register (the “Register”), part of the HRAS Missing Seafarer and Fishers Reporting Programme (MSFRP), is intended to be an independent and publicly available resource designed to support the identification of seafarers and fishers missing at sea anywhere in the world. Any reference to the MSFRP or HRAS within this page should be taken to include its Founder, CEO, Directors, Trustees, Collaborative Partners, Supporting Entities, design and content developers and associated third parties within its ambit.
In submitting a Report or any other information or documentation including, without limitation, any personal information, personal statements, witness statements and affidavits (or equivalent testimonial documents), identification documents, uploaded web-links, videos or photos to us via the online MSFRP portal (Information) the individual or organisation (as applicable) submitting the Information acknowledges and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The individual or organisation (as applicable) submitting the Information gives permission for any Information, including personal data and sensitive personal data (as defined in the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998), to be published on the Register or otherwise in the public domain.
- The individual or organisation (as applicable) submitting the Information represents and warrants that such Information is accurate, that it was lawfully obtained and voluntarily provided, and if practicable, that the family of the missing seafarer or fisherman have given their consent to its submission.
- We retain the right and discretion, on an ongoing basis, to review, corroborate and update all Information and further retain the right and discretion not to publish or otherwise remove from the Register, at any time, Information of whatever nature that they deem sensitive or inappropriate. This right is subject to legitimate requests from data subjects to have their personal data removed, added to or amended.
- Notwithstanding the above, neither we nor any of our employees, contractors, volunteers or agents shall be responsible for verifying the accuracy of any Information.
- We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of any Information published or otherwise released into the public domain by us and shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions contained therein.
- We do not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the Website will be secure, uninterrupted, error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or its server are free of viruses or bugs. We do not accept any ongoing obligation, liability or responsibility in respect of the same, whatsoever.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any material posted by users of the Site, or any loss, whether direct, indirect, (consequential or otherwise including without limitation loss of profits) relating to or arising from such material, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, contractual, tortious or otherwise. Nothing in this disclaimer excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- In submitting any Information to us, the individual or organisation (as applicable) submitting such Information hereby irrevocably and unconditionally indemnifies us, and will promptly keep us indemnified, against any loss or harm, in any jurisdiction, arising out of or connected to our publication or release of or reliance on any Information.
- Information on the Site is not intended to amount to advice and is provided without guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- This disclaimer and indemnity and any related non-contractual disputes or claims shall be governed in accordance with English law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.